Thursday 28 June 2012

Ann Curry Bids Farewell to 'TODAY' on NBC!

Personally, I admire Ann Curry a lot. I was recently watching her interview with the Sound of Music acts and she immediately got endeared to me, and I began following ‘TODAY’ on NBC solely to watch the ease at which she does her job. For me her presence on the show increased my ratings for NBC (please don’t ask me why) but I just enjoyed watching her do her thing.
Hearing of her departure from ‘TODAY’ this morning got me a bit edgy and cranky. I never knew how unconsciously her person has affected me positively, but like I know so well that change is the most constant thing in life and I have to start getting used to not seeing her again  on NBC’s ‘TODAY’. Who will then be my next NBC idol; will it be Savannah Guthrie, one of the co-hosts of the third hour, who has been asked to replace Curry? Well, I really can’t tell now, maybe I have to give it time (do I really have that time?).



Yeah, for those that may be wondering about who I’ve been musing about all day, she is Ann Curry. An American journalist and television personality, born on November 19, 1956, in Guam, but raised in Ashland, Oregon. The daughter of an American father and a Japanese Mother, she is a graduate of University of Oregon's School of Journalism. Ann won two Emmy awards for KCBS-TV in Los Angeles from 1984-1990. In 1990, she was hired by NBC to host "NBC Sunrise," and she later went on to co-host "Dateline NBC." Ann also served as a revolving anchor for NBC Nightly News Sunday from 1993 to 1999. She is an honorary member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. She is married to software executive Brain Ross and they have two children, son Walker and a daughter McKenzie.

Ann, I may be lucky to have you read this piece. I wish you all the very best and I hope you’ll continue to be a Cornerstone in all you do. Just know that you have a great fan in Lagos, Nigeria. All I have to say to you is that you ‘remain strong’!

No comments:

Post a Comment